Sunday 7-11am: Club Maintenance Day
Compulsory day for all members (Juniors, Seniors and Recreational) to maintain the premises and equipment. 2 hours per person. Between 7am and 11am.
List of duties by squad is at the Club.
Bring a plate of snacks and a number 10 spanner to make the morning go smoothly.
This Friday: Club to be cleared
If you are at the club on Friday morning, help pack the equipment away ahead of the function at the club that night.
Gas Man – We are still looking for a person to fill the fuel tanks once per week. Easy job. Prestige position suitable to add to resume. Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave. Package negotiable – email to email@example.com
Christmas Party – Santa needs you
Helpers needed to sell tickets, organise decorations, catering and games – email to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
Congratulations on the wonderful results at the Spring regatta last weekend:
Golden boys and girls:
- WC4x: Sophie Hopkins, Adalita Young, Maine-Maryam Monga, Rosa Brown
- WD1x: Richard Medway
- WC2x: Sophie Hopkins, Rosa Brown
- WN2x: Anne-Kristin Kahra, Meredith Storey
- MC4x: Jack Buster, Richard Medway, Kristian Bodell, Austin Hunt
- WD4x: Amy O’Reilly, Charlotte Hulme, Sophie Hopkins, Adalita Young
- WC1x: Rosa Brown
…and many other 2nd and 3rd places. All good for points!
Good luck to those athletes participating in the NSW Time Trials this Saturday.
We are ahead!
LRC is currently at the top of the Premiership ladder for points (301), in front of St George (156) and Glebe (131). The senior men’s crew has promised a Full Monty party if we win.
Glover street car parking will become tighter from Saturday
The new Callan Park Sports grounds open from 11.00 am this Saturday. Parking conditions in Glover street are expected to change from this Saturday; and every Saturday thereafter.
Make sure your coaches are organised to submit their entries to our Regatta Secretary, Sarah Norris, at least 2 weeks before each event’s official closing date. Sarah has developed a new procedure enabling all authorised coordinators to directly enter the crews well ahead of time.
Pontoon rules: Equipment and damage
- Leave 2m between your boat and the shed wall
- Take 10 minutes max to prepare your boat before going on and coming off the water
- Put what you use away in its correct labelled place
- Do not move the labels to suit your laziness
- Fix what you can
- Write about damaged items/things on the white board at the rear of Bay 5
Outboard Motors and Fuel
- The fuel cabinets are now labelled LRC or Pymble.
- All LRC motors have a large painted number on the top. Don’t use the Pymble motors, unless approved.
- First tinnie on a trolley must have its motor removed for the next loaded tinnie.
Christmas Party: Saturday 21st December from 6pm
Tickets on sale soon. Reserve the date. Email email@example.com if you want to help.
Sunday 10 November: NSW Union of Oarswomen AGM and Christmas Lunch at LRC
When: 10 am for a row, AGM: 11:30 am and lunch from 1 pm
Cost: 2 courses for $50
RSVP by 1 November: Doreen Borg: 0419 691 742
The Official LRC Facebook Page
If you have not seen it yet, take a look and “like”it. You can share your photos and rowing thoughts there.
Learn To Row
- 3 sessions to go
- Last session is Sunday 3rd November 9am
- All 5 crews are competing in a regatta outside the shed
- BBQ and Graduation at end 10am
- All Club members welcome to help
- Sun 27 Oct: 7-11am Maintenance day – each person to work 2 hours
- Sat 2 Nov: Iron Cove Classic – LRC hosting – members will be needed to help throughout the day
- Sun 3 Nov: Last LTR session. Help needed.
- Sat 9 Nov: Head of the Parramatta
- Sun 10 Nov: NSW Union of Oarswomen AGM and lunch at LRC
- Sat 21 Dec: 6-11pm Christmas Party
Great rowing everyone!