Hopefully we have seen the last of the rain and we won’t witness the scene above next weekend!
Draft entries have been sent to coaches and crew coordinators for final review. Any changes must be provided to Belinda today.
Our Captain has been so busy looking after the Club that he ‘forgot’ to book accommodation for Taree… and now everything is booked. If anyone can help Steve out with a bed/room for the weekend, he would be very grateful. Let Steve know if you can help him out.
A day for boat maintenance will be announced shortly.
The date will be after Taree.
If there are any issues that need attention in boats prior to Taree that you cannot fix yourself please tell Bob or Steve. They will either help you fix it or arrange for work that can be done before racing next weekend.
There will be maintenance on the pontoon this Saturday from 10:00am.
Junior coaches wanted
Two coaches for two junior learn-to-row quads. Jan 20 to 24. 7am to 10am. Perfect for anyone still on holidays!
Dogs at the Club
If you bring your dog down to the Club please keep it downstairs – we have had a few ‘accidents’ on the carpet upstairs and to avoid any repeat performances it would be appreciated if dogs could be kept off the carpet.
Friends at the Club
Members are asked to be responsible when it comes to inviting their friends to the Club outside normal peak times to use our equipment. Your membership rights only apply to you, this means use of any of our facilities, gym included. Repeat offenders may have their membership renewal refused.
Jen Edge, physiotherapist, mindset coach and rower will be holding mindset training session at the Club on 20 January, 7:00pm – 8:30pm.
Jen has been a competitive athlete for over 30 years and started rowing 12 years ago. She has been working closely with athletes for over 10 years and is particularly passionate about working with rowers to build on the missing link in their training…their mindset.
At this session you will learn:
- An outline of the 5 keys to Master your Mindset that will allow you to train smarter, better deal with anxiety and row like a champion
- The benefits of Mastering your Mindset and how this can influence your ability to transfer your outstanding performance in training to race day victory
- Success stories of top athletes who have trained their mindset to win Olympic medals and ultra marathon running events
- The science behind why over 80% of the rowing goals you set for yourself will never be achieved no matter how hard you try. This will help you overcome poor race day performance and reset your path to success (also, the things you’ll learn you can apply to other areas of your life)
- A powerful guided imagery technique so you can create a crystal clear image of your rowing goals and the steps you need to take to achieve them so you can conquer any high-pressure racing just like the world-class rowers do
To reserve your place email Jen at – email@example.com
Dates to remember
- Jan 15 – 17 – Taree Summer Regatta, Manning River
- Jan 20 – Mindset Training, LRC
- Jan 30 – Small Boats Regatta, SIRC