- Pay your fees by 1 October otherwise you are no longer a member
- 2013-2014 Committee members
- Vacant positions on committee
- Life membership Frank Thorn
- Steve Duff, LRC Captain asks members to breathe easier
- World Cup Masters photos
- Diary dates
Pay your fees by 1 October otherwise you are no longer a member
Members who are un-financial as at 1 October will cease to be members of the Club and if seeking to renew, will be required to re-apply for membership and pay the joining fee: $200 (Adult), $100 (Full-time student).
2013-2014 Committee members
The 2013 AGM was held on Sunday 8th September. The Committee members for 2013/14 are:
- President – Charles Bartlett
- Vice President – Justin Milne
- Captain – Steve Duff
- Vice Captain – Guy Elron
- Vice Captain – Belinda Brigham
- Junior Vice Captain – Dimitri Kastanias
- Treasurer – Onno van Ewyk
- Assistant Treasurer – Sandra Rourke
- Property Master – Matthew Duly
- Secretary – Doreen Borg
- Assistant Secretary – Jan McClelland
- Regatta Secretary – Sarah Norris
If you need to contact anyone on the Committee, see this page.
Vacant positions on Committee
There were no nominations for the two positions for Elected Members. If you would like to nominate for these roles their duties are:
- be members of the host regatta Sub-committee’s
- be members of any Sub-committee created by the Committee deemed necessary from time to time
- assist the Committee with the general business of managing the Club
- To nominate, write your name and the position you are seeking to fill (Elected member) on a piece of paper, and have it nominated and seconded by two members of the Club. Send the signed page to the Secretary.
Life membership Frank Thorn
Frank Thorn’s contribution to Leichhardt Rowing Club has been formally recognised by the committee at the recent AGM in awarding him life membership of LRC. For over 12 years, Frank has been tireless in his support of the club, in particular the youth of the club for whom he has been an inspirational mentor and coach. Life membership is a small way to honour his contribution.
Steve Duff, LRC Captain asks members to breathe easier
I want everyone to take a deep breath …. Now exhale.
There is no need for wild panic and execution. We can all grow together to achieve our individual goals from our membership at the Club. As we have a very diverse group of personalities and rowing levels there will never be a black and white answer. Members who do not wish to race or be tested can continue the way they are.
From our Selection Committee meeting held last Tuesday I will briefly explain what we are aiming to do:
- Provide all competitive members with a coach, even if shared between several squads.
- Provide each member with a coordinator to plan their race entries and progress. This person would be a member of the Selection Committee.
- All your entry questions, requests and submissions would go to this person.
- For those interested, provide a monthly measuring method to allow us to see fitness level progress. At this stage of the year we recommend 6km pieces at a midrange rating of 20 to 24. Coordinators will record these and keep record in the office.
- Balance race entries in line with the new Competition Policy (can be found on our website). 3 to 4 per regatta.
- Plan regattas so that athletes compete in the events they are most likely to have best success in.
- Attempt to get a good spread of event coverage to maximise potential point scores
- Make life easier for the Regatta Secretary, Sarah Norris.
Doesn’t sound too hard does it? Just give us a little time to get it underway. We are all busy people and rely on volunteer support, especially from our coaches and committee members. It may not happen overnight but it will happen. That is my promise to you!
Remember: Members will be allocated to coordinators once they renew their membership.
World Cup Masters photos
Remember, if anyone has images from the WCM, send them to Erica Addis so that she can co-ordinate the sharing of images. The best will be put on the LRC website.
15/9 – Henley on Hunter, Berry Park
28/9 – NSWIS TT1 Nepean
28/9 – Corporate regatta SIRC – all hands on deck!
October – Learn to row program
Great rowing everyone and let’s hope for a drop in the wind