This Week @ LRC – 4 May 2018
Iron Cove Masters – this Sunday
Thanks to all the volunteers who have offered to help this Sunday. Last regatta hosted by LRC for this season. Please be at the Club by 7am for the various tasks.
Note also below from RNSW:
The Alzheimers Memory Walk is taking place this Sunday, the same day as the Iron Cove Masters.
The walk commences near Le Montage (the old Apia Club) and utilises some of the Bay Run.
To work in well with the event, can we please ensure:
- All boat trailers that access the park near Leichhardt Rowing Club into position by 7:30am.
- Boats and riggers are not overhanging onto the walkway/cycleway
- Crews take care when moving to and from the park to the Leichhardt Rowing Club pontoon
- Rowers don’t obstruct the people on the walk or run
- Rowers allow a few extra minutes to find parking and get to the boating area.
The walk is due to start around 8:00am and by 9:30am numbers are expecting to thin out on the way back.
Orientation Day – repost
The next Orientation Day for new members will be held on Saturday 5th May at 7.30am. It will last about 1 hour. We will cover all the basics about being a member, how the Club works, the Committee, the Website, Rules and Policies. It is a chance to ask questions and understand your next steps.
Please make an effort to attend as it will be worth your while if you want to get the most out of your membership. Parents welcome. Please put your name on the list on the Notice Board if coming.
Novice Masters Women’s Intensive Coaching
An intensive one day quadruple scull coaching program for masters women in their first three years of rowing.
The NSW Union of Oarswomen Inc is conducting an intensive coaching program for Masters Women new to rowing, at the Leichhardt Rowing Club on Saturday 16 June 2018. It is aimed at encouraging new competitive and novice rowers and is timed to prepare women for the 2018 JB Sharp series.
- Stretching and strength programs for masters women
- Correct ergonomic technique
- Two separate fully coached one hour on water sessions
- Reviews over morning tea and lunch
- On water race drills and challenges – short
- Celebratory afternoon tea and final feedback
The cost of the one-day intensive is $100 and includes 12 months membership to the Union of Oarswomen Inc (normally $30), hire of LRC, boat and tinny costs and all refreshments. Outstanding coaches have been selected and will be limited to quads only. Admission is on a first come basis.
Full details and registration form are here.
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5 May, Saturday – Orientation day at 7.30am
- 6 May, Sunday – Iron Cove (LRC) Masters, Iron Cove
- 10-13 May – Lake Barrington (TAS), National Masters Championships
- 26-27 May, Saturday and Sunday – NSW Masters Championships, SIRC
- 3 June, Sunday – #1 JB Sharp, Glebe
- 16 June, Saturday – Novice Masters Women’s Intensive Coaching day at LRC
- 17 June, Sunday – #2 JB Sharp, UTS
- 1 July, Sunday – #3 JB Sharp, Drummoyne
- 15 July, Sunday – #4 JB Sharp, Balmain
- 22 July, Sunday – LUOR Lunch
- 29 July, Sunday – #5 JB Sharp, LRC – presentations