National Masters Championships
Congratulations to Angela Conry and Anne Parbury on winning Gold in the WMF2-. Anne also won Bronze in the WF1x – well done Anne and Ange! An excellent result.
Daniela Borgert (second from left in the picture) also won Gold in the WA4x in a composite with St George, and Bronze in the WMC4- in a composite with Balmain, Drummoyne and Sydney. Well done Daniela!
Racing continues until Sunday night.
There is a new 2 metre line on the pontoon as a trial for the better safety and care of boats. Please respect this rule.
- The maximum number of occupants in a tinny is three adults.
- All tinny occupants must wear a life jacket at all times
- As from 1 June 2015, only Approved Operators may drive a tinny. To become an Approved Operator you must hold a current NSW boat licence which must be registered with the Club (email firstname.lastname@example.org a copy of your licence).
- Every motor has a red Kill Switch Lanyard which must be attached to the tinny Operator at all times when operating a tinny.
- The motor must be flushed every time it is put away.
Save these dates
- Awards night Saturday 13/6: $20 to cover dinner. So go online now to buy your tickets and reserve a table for your crew
- First JB Sharp on Sunday 14/6 on Iron Cove, open to all members, but mainly for novices. No need to register. Turn up at the start with your crew. Ask your coach for details.
- Boat Rally – Sunday 21/6: $10 to enter. All rowers in mixed eights. Just like a car rally but on the water.
- Orientation for New Members – Saturday 1/8: New members – it is important that you come to one. Reserve the date.
- Corporate challenge and Learn to row: Coaches are needed in August
- Trivia Night – Date TBC in Winter. Silent Auction items required. Helpers wanted. Email to email@example.com
- 28-31 May – Australian Masters Championships – SIRC
- Mon 1 June – Only approved licensed operators can drive a tinny
- Tues 2 June – Support the lighties’ fundraiser 6.30pm – UTS
- Sat 13 June – LRC Awards night 6.30pm
- Sun 14 June – JB Sharp series begins
- Sun 21 June – Boat rally, $10 to enter