Canoe, Ski, SUP Regatta tomorrow, Saturday 29 June
Paddle NSW are holding a canoe/ Ski/SUP regatta this Saturday 29th June between approx 8am and 10.30am, from Salton Reserve. As per previous regattas the course will run around Schnapper and Cockatoo Islands, under the Iron Cove bridge, around Rodd Island and back to Salton Reserve (around Spectacle island, under Iron Cove bridge and down towards UTS). When heading to and from Rodd Island all craft will stay close to Birkenhead Marina.
There will be approx 80 craft taking part in the regatta along with three powered safety boats. All appropriate aquatic and land licenses have been obtained.
See map of the course.
Corporate Challenge 2019
We are getting very close to the LRC Corporate Challenge. At this stage things are building quite nicely but we need two things from members:
- Talk some folks from your office into putting a crew together and entering;
- Volunteer to be a coach, or a cox, or tiny driver, or fill in rower where needed.
For volunteering, to enter crews or if you have questions, contact Justin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The brochure and details are on the website
Defibrillator Training – 11th July @ 6.30pm
Do you know what to do in an event where someone has collapsed and needs CPR using a Defibrillator?
Whilst we never want to be in this situation, it would be good to be prepared for the ‘just in case’. So come along to a training session to be held at the club. The session will go for approximately 1 hour and will cover the following:
- What is cardiac arrest, what is CPR and how CPR and a defibrillator help can save a life;
- How to recognise the warning signs of a cardiac arrest;
- Stay calm and dial 000;
- How to assess the area for safety, assess the patient and determine if you should use an AED;
- How to buy time for the victim by performing CPR until the AED arrives;
- How the AED Product works;
• How to attach AED pads correctly and how to use the defibrillator effectively and safely;
- How to follow safety protocols to protect the user and bystanders;
- How to deal with unusual situations (such as a victim lying in water);
- How to perform CPR in conjunction with the defibrillator; and
- Defibrillator general care and maintenance.
It costs nothing to attend but could save a life in the future. See Daniela for more info.
If you would like to attend please put your name on list
Trivia Night on Saturday 7 September
Yes folks, Trivia Night is back!
Put it in the diary and start assembling your winning team – we recommend booking a table of 8-10 knowledgeable buddies so you can smash it!
Our cracking team has already started putting together a wide-ranging list of questions to keep you on your toes and there will be fun and games for all.
There will also be a call-out for volunteers closer to the date, so ink it in!
Invoices for membership will be sent out in the next few days. Thanks to all those who have signalled their change of membership class. If you wish to upgrade from recreational to competitive so you can row during the week (or downgrade, if you want only to row in the weekends), please let the email@example.com know.
- 30 June – JB Sharp #3, Drummoyne
- 14 July – JB Sharp #4, Balmain
- 21 July – LUOR Annual Reunion Lunch, at the Club
- 28 July – JB Sharp #5, LRC
- 3 August – Boat maintenance day #3
- 18 August – AGM, 10am
- 7 September – Trivia Night
- 2 November – Boat maintenance day #4