Congratulations to our young competitors at the Nationals. As at the time of writing, our best performances have been:
Lauren Lyon – 3rd in the B Final of the Under 17 single
Michael McCrea – 3rd in the B Final of the Under 19 single
Lachlan Andrew – 2nd in the B Final of the Under 21 light weight single
Each rower had up to 3 races, between heats, repechages and semis just to get into the top finals. Gutsy effort!
Learn To Row
Graduation is this Sunday at about 10am. All club members welcome to watch their regatta from about 9am on the balcony followed by a BBQ and graduation.
Anzac Day row – Saturday 25 April
Members are invited to participate in a pre-dawn Anzac Day row on Saturday 25 April. Joining with other clubs across Sydney, LRC will be rowing 8’s to Blackwattle Bay for a dawn service to commemorate the 100 year landing on Gallipoli by Anzac troops.
Details will be emailed to everyone shortly.
- Put it away in the correct spot.
- Use good batteries.
- Never row in the dark without lights
- Stay on the right side of the cove – never up the middle.
- If someone is struggling, lend a hand.
- Drying a boat means inside too!
- If you break it, then try to fix it!
Boat Licensing Course – Wednesday evening 22nd April
Put your name on the notice board. Form to complete is in the basket on the cabinet outside the office or online. You must lodge this form with the Authority (not us). Details on our website.
From the 1st July all Tinny drivers will be required to have a boat license (our rule).
Entries for Trickett grade regatta is now open. Trickett regatta is on Sat 11-12 April at SIRC.
Notice for Coaches and Tinny Drivers
Loudhailer and fuel
There is now an aluminium loudhailer in each tinny, each one is engraved with Leichhardt Rowing Club and the number of the tinny.
Please do not grab another if you lose yours, let Steve Roll know and he will replace it.
Please let him know if you would like the handle balanced a little better or if you would like the handle style varied. Both of these are small matters and can be fixed without too much trouble – but don’t ask him to fix them as you are about to push off from the pontoon.
Fuel is picked up on Fridays. It will help Steve a lot if you remove the fuel tank after your session on Friday mornings.
Must connect the red KILL SWITCH CORD to your wrist.
Life jackets in tinnies
A life jacket must be worn when boating alone.
Everyone in a tinny must wear a life jacket between sunset and sunrise.
At all times there must be one life jacket in the tinny for every occupant. NO EXCEPTIONS!!
The christening of the new boats will be held at LRC on Sunday 19 April, after the Drummoyne Masters Regatta.
If you have any feedback about this weekly update or you want anything included, please email the webmaster.
- Sun 22-29 March – Nationals – Sydney International Rowing Regatta – SIRC
- Sun 29 March – Learn to row mini regatta and BBQ – Iron Cove
- Sat 11-12 April- NSW Edward Trickett Grade championships – SIRC
- Sun 19 April – Drummoyne Rowers Master Regatta – Iron Cove
- Sun 19 April – Boat christening at LRC after the regatta
- Wed 22 April – Tinny licence course from 5.30pm – LRC
- Sat 25 April – Anzac Day row (leaving the club about 3.50am)