URGENT: Fees now due
The deadline for payment of annual subscriptions is this Sunday 31 August.
Members who do not remit fees by the due date are not eligible to use club equipment until payment is received.
Please pay promptly if you wish to continue to enjoy your membership privileges.
Fastest and easiest way to pay is online .
From our online shop, you can buy your trivia night tickets as well.
Trivia on this Saturday from 6-11pm
One of our major fund raising events for the year and a lot of fun. There will be games,raffles and loads of prizes plus an auction (see list below).
Come dressed in 70s gear or as you are. The best dressed 70s table will win a prize.
Remember it is self catering. We are providing some nibbles upon arrival, dessert and tea & coffee. It is up to you to “bring a plate” or order home delivery. BYO alcohol. Plastic plates and cutlery will be provided. Soft drinks will be available for purchase.
Tickets $40 (adult) and $20 (children/students). Book online or pay on the night.
If you can help set up from 1pm or take down on the night, contact Jan McClelland email@example.com or 0438017005
Remember to gift a prize – Trick or Treat – for the night. Put in the plastic tub in the office.
Raffles, Prizes and auction items
- Hamper from Wonki Wear: from the African Trading Port
- Dinner at Prime Restaurant, GPO Sydney – 1 Martin Place (to a certain value)
- Costume jewellery from high end jewellery designers Bijoux Box
- Gift certificate for a runners workshop: Matt Bulman of The Runner’s Clinic
- Gift certificate for a sports & spinal chiropractic consultation with Matt Bulman www.sportsandspinalchiropractic.com.au
- Gift voucher for premium facial at Karpati Medispa, beautician to the stars
- Pearls by the yard: one in white gold and the other yellow gold, from GP Israel jewellers
- Six week Tango beginners course at A little Buenos Aires
- Two Captain Cook cruises for two: Middle harbour coffee cruise and High Tea cruise
- 2 superb tickets valued at $400 to the first night of the ‘King & I’ at the Opera House 7 September (show is booked out) www.opera.org.au/TheKingAndI
- AFTRS Open Program Gift voucher
- Gift voucher for Flowers by Teresa
- Art glass from Keith Rowe and Kayo http://www.krglass.com
- Pilates and rowing exercise plan from Jane Sargood of Lilyfield Physiotherapy
- Lake Eyre flight for 2 people and accommodation at Pelican Suite, William Creek SA from Trevor Wright of Wrightsair
- Family passes to the Australian Museum
- Sydney Indoor Climbing Gym pass for four people
- Passes for classes at The Life & Balance Centre CBD/Glebe
- Moroccan spices from Herbies Spices www.herbies.com.au
- Caltex Service Station Five Dock – cashcard to the value of $100
- Set of six Turkish bath towels from Andre & Joen
- Leather tote bag
- Art Series Leeuwin Estate 2010 Shiraz wine
- Charcoal drawing of your pet, by a member
- Handyman help for 2 hours, courtesy of a very handy person around the club
- Cruise Sydney Harbour on Solitaire and enjoy lunch with five friends courtesy of the LRC President
- Accommodation in the heart of Jindabyne for 4 nights Monday – Friday in an unit that sleeps four people, courtesy of one of our members.
Thank you to all our donors and thank you to everyone who secured a donation, particularly Catherine Gleeson, Laina Chan, Rosemary Hinde and Sandra Lyon.
AGM – Sunday 31 August @ 11am
All members will be needed on Sunday 7 Sept and Sunday 14 September
Remember, all hands on deck to help with the Corporate/LTR challenge at SIRC Penrith on Sunday 7 September.
A few hours as well in the morning for club and boat maintenance on Sunday 14 September.
Nepean Regatta – Saturday 6 September
LRC is putting in limited entries for the Nepean Regatta which is on Saturday 6th September, the day before our corporate Regatta.
We need all members currently involved in the Corporate program to be at the Club on Saturday to finish off the training sessions, carry out repairs and then de-rig and load up to 7 eights.
The corporate regatta is our major annual fundraiser and must take precedence.
Crews wishing to race at the Nepean regatta must be approved by the Captain. Those who race will be required to help on other future fundraisers.
- Saturday 30 Aug – Trivia Night 6-11pm – buy tickets now
- Sunday 31 Aug – LRC AGM 11am
- Sunday 31 August – World Rowing Championships end in Amsterdam
- Saturday 6 Sept – Boat loading for SIRC
- Sunday 7 Sept – Corporate crews and LTR compete at SIRC – all members are needed
- Sunday 14 Sep – Henley on Hunter
- Sunday 14 Sep – Club maintenance morning