Renew now or pay more next week
30 September is the cut off point for renewing your membership without incurring a rejoining fee of $200 (competitor) or $100 (student or recreational).
If you don’t row but you coach or cox for Leichhardt you must still renew your membership of the club. Select supporter of the club and pay $50. The only exception to this are people who are life members of the club.
Renew online now.
Remember you do not need to log on or have a username to pay your fees. No excuses.
AGM Update & Office Bearers 2014/15
Members are reminded that the Annual Report and Minutes of the AGM are posted on the Club’s website.
You are encouraged to read these documents to inform yourself about:
- Your Office Bearers for 2014/15 who include new Committee Members: Colin Whybourne as Treasurer, Alex Farkash as Vice Captain – Men, Lachlan Andrew as Vice Captain Juniors and Anna Cico as Elected Member – Communications. See to Committee page for more information and contact details
- Committee Reports for the season past and expectations for the future
- Presidents thanks to outgoing Office Bearers Onno vanEwyk, Guy Elron and James Kane
- Clubs Financial Reports
Tuesday is Time Trial Day
Meet at 5.55am outside UTS for the 5km session. All boat sizes welcome. A great way to get ready for the long distance races coming up.
We had 5 crews this week and some good times were set. Jeff and Pravin are the official time keepers.
Reminder to get your proposed race entries in to your coordinator well in advance.
Kerry: Juniors, firstname.lastname@example.org
Simon: 18 to 30 yr olds, email@example.com
Belinda: 30 plus women, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tim T: 30 plus men, email@example.com
Matt: Recreational (if applicable), firstname.lastname@example.org
Regattas open for submission with your co-ordinator are:
- North Shore Head on 4/10 (small boats only)
- Spring Regatta on 18/10 (no recreationals)
- Iron Cove 1 on 25/10 (eights only)
- Iron Cove 2 on 1/11 (eights only)
- Head of Parra on 8/11
- Iron Cove 3 on 22/11 (eights only)
- Head Of The Yarra on 29/11 (qualification criteria applies)
Recreational crews in eights are able to race in some of these if the rowers pay their own seat fees ($10 per race) before the event.
For the Iron Cove Classic time trials we have up to 11 eights in the shed available plus 3 for the Pymble girls.
Details of events can be found on the NSW website.
Approved regatta entries are available on the website.
Questions welcome to email@example.com
Office Extension is finishing by this weekend
Work is due for completion by this weekend. This means all the oars can go back in their usual racks and my blood pressure will go down.
I have an allergy to anything on the floor so my body is under quite a bit of stress at the moment.
a. Row down the side of the water way (bow side to the shore), not in the middle
b. Never go through the middle arch of the bridge
c. Go around the yellow marker buoys off UTS
d. Stop before you hit ground!
e. Call out if in danger – don’t sit there like a rabbit about to be run over
Recreational rowers support
Saturday 27th – Anna Foley
Sunday 28th – Richard Coleman
Saturday 4th October – Andrew Colquohoun
Sunday 5th October – John Currie
Master rowers learning to look after oneself – 7pm Tuesday 14 October
Hear how to, by attending the Sydney University physio project at the club.
Dates (and see regatta entries above)
- Saturday 27th Sept – Nepean regatta
- Monday 29th Sept – Coaches meeting at 6pm
- Saturday 4th Oct – North Shore head, small boats (avoid the race area between Blackman Park and the North Shore Rowing Club Longueville between 7-9am)
- Thursday 9th to Sunday 12th October – World Masters Regatta at Ballarat
- Tuesday 14th Oct – Sydney University Physio Project at 7pm – movement, strength and coordination for the mature ages. Learn how to look after yourselves. Run by Niamh Moloney (one of our members)
- Something for the future: Sydney international Rowing Regatta 23-20 March 2015 at SIRC
Good luck to those competing in the time trials and the Nepean regatta this Saturday.