Juniors meeting on 2 August
This meeting is now at 6pm, not at 9am.
It’s time! to renew your membership for 2015-2016
Renew your club membership via this link.
Remember: if you are a competitor, you will also need to renew your RNSW fees before you can race. This includes coxes.
Time trial events
The Time Trial stage of the season begins shortly. These are long distance races mostly in eights. They are not for the faint hearted and require pre-training to get into shape.
At this time of the season your group should be commencing long steady state rows at a low rate with high pressure. As the season progresses the rating will increase but the pressure should always be there. Gym work is also recommended to build up your strength. For those in crews you can get underway.
For members not included or those who wish to try out for the best crew they can get in please email the Captain (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that Steve can get groups organised.
You do not need a coach each session, just determination.
Recreational members are able to participate in time trial events (but they have to pay their own race fees).
Steve will be grouping individuals from the beginning of August.
The events are:
- Head of Nepean – 5 September
- Head of Shoalhaven – 19 September
- Head of Parramatta – 31 October
- Iron Cove Classics x 3 – (25 October, 8 November, 22 November)
- Head of the Yarra – 28 November (Melbourne)
The final dates are on the Rowing NSW site.
New member orientation: Saturday 1 August
Reminder: Find out more about the club at the new (and old) member orientation at 9-11am Saturday 1 August.
Boat Licence course: Email your interest
If there are enough people interested in doing a boat licence course, we will organise another one. If you want to do a course, email Margaret Bailey now:
Pymble training begins 1 August
Welcome back Pymble! Your pre-season training on Saturday and Sunday 6.30-11am starts on August 1. Preseason training concludes 20 September for school holidays.
- Sun 26 July: JB Sharp regatta Balmain
- Sat 1 Aug: New member orientation 9am
- Sun 2 Aug: Bay Run, parking will be limited around the Club
- Sun 2 Aug: Juniors and parents’ meeting 6pm
- Sun 9 Aug: JB Sharp regatta LRC
- Sun 30 Aug: LRC AGM 10.30am at the Club
- Sat 12 Sep: Trivia Night – keep it free