Awards Night – 13 June
The point score season has finished and there are only a few weeks to go until the LRC Awards Night – on Saturday 13th June at 6.30pm. There will be a sumptuous feast for just $20 ($10 for juniors) and you can bring your own drinks.
Prizes and trophies will be awarded in many different categories for seniors, juniors and recreationals.
There are always some surprises, even controversy!!
So go online now to buy your tickets and reserve a table for your crew.
State Masters Championships
What a weekend! We finished with 9 firsts, 12 seconds and 5 thirds. That added up to roughly 200 points.
Well done to all competitors especially the winners.
A full list of the results is on our notice board and on the NSW Rowing website.
Club Point Score
It looks like St George have won this year’s competition. We came a creditable 2nd.
I have learnt a few tricks to get us back on top next season.
We did however win the Bohemia distance trophy again.
Just when things looked they were on the way up!
This morning I arrived to find the following at the shed:
- Petrol tank on pontoon
- Hose caught under roller door
- LRC tinnies in the Pymble Bay
- LRC tinnies on trolleys walked far too far into the shed up against our boats
- Boats on racks the wrong way around
Where have I gone wrong?……………….
If you don’t know whether you are able to use a BLACK DOT boat then you are obviously not.
Read the Boat Usage Policy on our website if unsure.
These boats are kept for racing and our competitive crews as they lead up to their events.
Support the Lightweight Quad fundraiser – UTS Tuesday 2 June
Trivia night fundraiser to help get the Women’s quad lightweight team to the World Rowing Championships 2015.
Tickets $50 or $25 student. Includes pizza and pasta. Buy drinks at the bar.
Tables of 8 (orphans will be accommodated).
Purchase tickets by Monday 18 May.
Contact: Lindy Nisbett – 0448 403 343 Kathleen Hextell – 0477 222 474
Coming Events: Please save these dates
- First JB Sharp on Sunday 14/6 on Iron Cove, open to all members, but mainly for novices.
- No need to register. Turn up at the start with your crew. Ask your coach for details.
- Awards night Saturday 13/6: $20 to cover dinner
- Boat Rally – Sunday 21/6: $10 to enter. All rowers in mixed eights. Just like a car rally but on the water.
- Orientation for New Members – Saturday 1/8: New members – it is important that you come to one. Reserve the date.
- Corporate challenge and Learn to row: Coaches are needed in August
- Trivia Night – Date TBC in Winter. Silent Auction items required. Helpers wanted. Email to email@example.com
- If it’s left on the floor it goes in the bin or lost property.
- Write your name on the whiteboard, put a number on your bow and stay in the bay, for coaching with Steve Roll.
• 28-31 May – Australian Masters Championships – SIRC (Note: Entries are not paid by the Club for this regatta)
• Mon 1 June – Only approved licensed operators can drive a tinny
• Tues 2 June – Support the lighties’ fundraiser 6.30pm – UTS
• Sat 13 June – LRC Awards night 6.30pm $20 to cover dinner
• Sun 14 June – JB Sharp series begins
• Sun 21 June – Boat rally, $10 to enter
• Sat 1 Aug – New members orientation session