This Week @ LRC – 22 February 2019
NSW Open Championships
Well done to all who competed in the NSW Championships last weekend. Some excellent results by our young rowers:
- Will Clifton, 6th in the CPara M 1x
- Will Clifton and Kaelan Crawford, 1st in the CPara 2x
- Lachlan Stewart and Fergus Pullin, 4th in the CMU17 2x
- Fergus Pullin, 5th in the CMU16 1x
- Lachlan Steward, 7th in his heat of the CMU17 1x
Well done on the win, Will and Kealan!
The King’s and Queen’s Cup Lunch
LRC will reserve a table for all those who want to go to this lunch on Friday 22 March at Doltone House from 12pm.
You can book here: http://www.rowingnsw.asn.au/events/32055/
2018 was a “Special Year for New South Wales” at the Interstate Regatta
- New South Wales won the Rowing Australia Cup – following our win in 2017 – the first time we have won this event in consecutive years
- NSW won the Men’s Lightweight for the first time since 1998 – 20 years
- NSW won the Lightweight Double –Men’s Four and Women’s Quad for the first time ever.
- NSW won the Men’s Youth Eight – six wins in seven years since 2012
- NSW won the King’s Cup – for the 9th time since 2008
Come along and support our Team as they attempt to match and improve on the performances of recent years at the Interstate Regatta (at Penrith on Sunday 31st March)
LRC Regatta – 10 March, call for volunteers
LRC is hosting a grade regatta on Sunday 10 March. We need volunteers for various tasks. Please write to Tim @ email@example.com with your availability.
Please use lights on boats now that it’s rather dark in the morning. The shop has a good supply of them.
If you have used a stacked tinny, please restack it at the end of the session. Don’t just use an empty trolley as some of the tinnies are too heavy to be stacked, so we need to maintain their order.
LRC White Polo Shirts
Support a social impact documentary
We are trying to raise much needed production funds for the documentary feature, The Oarsmen and finish the great rowing story about the Diggers who rowed into war at Gallipoli and rowed out the other side at the Royal Henley Peace Regatta with the King’s Cup. Any financial contribution toward this independent production would be appreciated and all donations are fully tax deductible made through the link to The Oarsmen at the Documentary Australia Foundation.
Croker Oars are building a set of handmade Canadian spruce toothpick oars of the era and Rowfit are constructing ‘poppet’ riggers to recreate the AIF boat in action on the water for the documentary. You can go to Facebook @The OarsmenAIF to follow the progress of the oars construction or click on the below.
We aim to work with veterans’ groups and involve ex-servicemen or women in telling the story through voice, editing and rowing. The Oarsmen a story about the ‘peace’ and about the survivors of war who went on to win the King’s Cup. You can watch a short trailer about The Oarsmen here:
if anyone wishes to discuss the above, please contact me.
Send regatta entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 10 February, Sunday – 1st event of Indoor Rowing Series, LRC
- 2 March, Saturday – SRC Regatta, SIRC
- 9 March, Saturday – Riverview Gold Cup
- 10 March, Sunday – LRC Grade regatta, Iron Cove
- 7 April, Sunday – DRC Centenary regatta (grade), Iron Cove
- 13-14 April – Trickett Regatta, SIRC
- 20 April, Saturday – DRC Masters, Iron Cove
- 28 April, Sunday – Iron Cove Masters (LRC organised)
- 4-5 May – NSW State Masters Championships, SIRC