Head of the Yarra
If you intend to compete in the Head of the Yarra, PLEASE action urgently.
Send your entry to AnnaC (firstname.lastname@example.org) or enter it in the racing spreadsheet – if you do not have access to the spreadsheet, ask Matt ASAP.
Entries MUST include:
- Event (eg. grade and which grade, master with category)
- Full name
- Shirt size
Pay the entry fee + trailer fee, and (optionally) pay for the dinner ticket at Yarra Yarra (on Saturday evening).
2017 entries close on Sunday 5 November EXCEPT for “club/school composites” which close October 29.
Send your entry in ASAP – the number of boats is also capped, so if you don’t do it right away, you will miss out.
from S. Duff
We have 3 main types of membership at LRC.
Competitive Senior and Student which include all race fees other than interstate and National Titles.
Recreational which covers no race fees at all and only allows you to compete in Head Races and those on Iron Cove.
At the moment we are in the Head Race Season. Many of our Recreational Members are participating which is great. Some are also going all the way to compete on the Yarra in 5 weeks’ time.
Recreational Members must pre-pay their race entry fees for every race they enter. It is currently $13 per race. If you have already raced in a few then you need to go into our website and fix up your balance. Examples are the Head of Shoalhaven and the Iron Cove Classic events.
If you row in a composite crew for another club then the rule is the same. You must pay the fees due. The host clubs bill Leichhardt every time. Guest Members fall into the Recreational category for Race Fees.
If you are allowed to invite a rower from another club to row in an LRC boat then it is your responsibility to pay their race fees and get reimbursed from them. It is not up to the Committee to chase non members.
You all know who you are, and so do we. Do the right thing and fix up your dues today. Then keep on top of them when you decide to enter the next event.
If you are unclear on any of this just talk to anyone on the Committee. If you don’t want to pay any fees then you either upgrade to Competitive Senior or don’t race.
- 21 October, Saturday – North Shore Head, small boats only (1x, 2- and 2x)
- 29 October, Sunday – ICC #2 (eights only)
- 4 November, Saturday – Head of the Parramatta
- 4-12 November – Australian Indoor Rowing Championships
- 12 November, Sunday – ICC #3 (eights only) – Final regatta of the series, hosted by LRC
- 2 December, Saturday – Reindeer Regatta, SIRC
- 3 December, Sunday – NSW Sprint Championships
- 12-14 January 2018, Friday to Sunday – Taree Summer Regatta
- 27 January, Saturday – Small Boats regatta