State Masters this weekend
All competitors expected to help with unloading Sunday night after the regatta. My guess is 6.30pm at the shed.
Good luck to all.
Coming Events: Please save these dates
First JB Sharp on Sunday 14/6 on Iron Cove, open to all members levels, but mainly for novices.
No need to register. Turn up at the start with your crew. Ask your coach for details.
Awards night Saturday 13/6: $20 to cover dinner
Boat Rally – Sunday 21/6: $10 to enter. All rowers in mixed eights. Just like a car rally but on the water.
Orientation for New Members – Saturday 1/8: New members – it is important that you come to one. Reserve the date.
Trivia Night – Date TBC in Winter. Silent Auction items required.
No lights no row.
All tinny occupants must wear a life jacket at all times.
Take note of these tinny rules (NSW Maritime requirements):
- The maximum number of occupants in a tinny is three adults.
- All tinny occupants must wear a life jacket at all times.
- As from 1 June 2015, only Approved Operators may drive a tinny. To become an Approved Operator you must hold a current NSW boat licence which must be registered with the Club
- Every motor has a red Kill Switch Lanyard which must be attached to the tinny Operator at all times when operating a tinny
- The motor must be flushed every time it is put away.
August: Learn to Row and Corporate Regatta
The next Learn To Row and Corporate Regatta are coming up in August. We will need lots of helpers, especially coaches (with tinny licenses) and coxes.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org (for Learn to Row) or email@example.com (for the Corporate Regatta) if you think you will be able to help.
The training goes for 1 month with the regatta at SIRC on Father’s Day 6 September.
Times and training dates are on our Club Calendar, on our website.
Support the Lightweight Quad fundraiser – UTS Tuesday 2 June
Trivia night fundraiser to help get the Women’s quad lightweight team to the World Rowing Championships 2015.
Tickets $50 or $25 student. Includes pizza and pasta. Buy drinks at the bar.
Tables of 8 (orphans will be accommodated).
Purchase tickets by Monday 18 May.
Contact: Lindy Nisbett – 0448 403 343 Kathleen Hextell – 0477 222 474
Steve Roll’s Rowing School
If you want Steve to coach you, remember you need to put a number on your boat. Otherwise you won’t get coaching from him.
Put your name on the whiteboard at the base of the stairs.
He is available to coach during daylight hours on Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings (except for every 3rd weekend of the month)
Steve operates in “THE LOOP” from the club to the bridge and back to the club. He does not operate outside this area so he will not follow you if you head away from this area.
Steve is away this weekend (no school)
Women In Rowing ‘Open Night’ Thursday 21 May
The Women in Rowing (WIRED) group warmly invites both aspiring and inspiring people to the:
Venue: The Clubhouse at Woolwich Pier Hotel (2 Gale Street, Woolwich NSW 2110)
Date: Thursday 21 May, 2015
Time: 6.30pm to 8.30pm
Format: 2 course dinner (main and dessert)
Launch of the inaugural WIRED magazine, set menu of $49pp
Special Occasion printed copies for all attendees
Booking and Payment: http://www.trybooking.com/132388 by Thursday 14 May, 2015
Email queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sat and Sun, 16-17 May – NSW Master Championships – SIRC
- Thurs 21 May – Women in rowing ‘open night’ dinner – Woolwich
- 28-31 May – Australian Masters Championships – SIRC (Note: Entries are not paid by the Club for this regatta)
- Mon 1 June – Only approved licensed operators can drive a tinny
- Tues 2 June – Support the lightys’ fundraiser 6.30pm – UTS
- Sat 13 June – LRC Awards night 6.30pm
- Sun 14 June – JB Sharp series begins
- Sun 21 June – Boat rally
- Sat 1 Aug – New members orientation session