Do your subs!
If you are substituting crew members on race day, or any time after entries have closed, you MUST provide a crew substitution form to RNSW or to the regatta host/ organiser on the
Substitutions are the responsibility of the crew, not the Regatta Secretary.
If you do not lodge subs, you will be disqualified.
The 2015 RICH ROWING CLASSIC – the repeat
This annual recreational Christmas social row from Leichhardt to the Lane Cove Weir is on again on Sunday 6 December 2015.
For those who have not done this before it is a fun row in a fleet of eights right up to Lane Cove Weir along the scenic Lane Cove River. As it is a reasonably long way there will be reserve rowers in tinnies and crews will mix and interchange rowers along the way. It is not a race but an event and even if you are relatively new to rowing you will have a good time.
It is open to everyone.
Be at the club by 5.20am on Sunday 6 December so we can launch the tinnies and be on the water by 6am.
Expect to be back about 9.30-10am.
Reserve your seat and reply to Wade Hewitt ASAP
Advise him if:
- You have a boat licence.
- You would also like to stay and have a BBQ breakfast when we return to the club.
The Hewetts – email@example.com
Geoff Rich – firstname.lastname@example.org
Iron Cove Classic #2
Well done to all those who raced in the 2nd ICC. LRC had some good results:
|Category||Crew||Raw time||Corrected time||Overall place||Event place|
|MM8+||St George/LRC Composite||30:18.4||26:48.4||11||1|
Maintain your scull
This Sunday morning all rowers who use the club’s single sculls are asked to do 1 hour of maintenance on the sculls.
The time slots are 7.30am-8.30am, or 8.30am-9.30am
All of the single sculls are in need of attention – and we ask that in addition to cleaning and descaling all parts that you also replace any worn parts, including seat wheels, and check bow balls and lane number holders and replace where required.
The Captain expects to see Sue Andrews, Lyne Riley, James Phillips, Nivi Massarek, Richard Medway, Isaac Everleigh, Mark Brookes, Gary Foster, David Ross, and ALL the Juniors showing some love to the singles this weekend.
Your coach needs you… to volunteer
Our group of coaches are a dedicated bunch but need your help to ensure that they remain safe on the water.
Two volunteers are needed to sort out all the equipment in each tinny this weekend. This is a great opportunity to do something to support your coach and the Club.
If you are willing to volunteer report to Bob Kelsall between 8.30 and 9am this Sunday. Bob will have a list of what should be in each tinny. Just go through the list, make sure the right things are in the right boat and report anything missing back to Bob.
Keeping things clean
A big thank you to Hannah and Elizabeth for sweeping the shed floor this week. We just nned the rest of the younger adults to lend a hand keeping the pontoon clean of phosphates and removing anything on the floor.
Santa’s little helpers
Santa is still looking for a few helpers for hall decorations and setup, games, the catering (to assist Glen) and selling tickets for the LRC Christmas Party
Don’t be shy!
PS the snails have commenced tapering and are looking fit and mean
During the week your Committee met and the following has emerged:
- Pymble are helping us get 12 new slings and 3 new outboard trollies.
- A building maintenance plan was finalised for 2015/16 which will see some tidy-ups, repairs and improvements to safety around the shed
- A range of additional clothing has been commissioned which will include a track suit, and other good things. More details will be made available soon. Meanwhile, we need to use up our existing stocks. The new clothing will be produced by The Regatta Shop. Members will order online directly and the goods will be delivered to your door. In the new year we will have samples available for everyone to see.
- The door code will be changed in the next few weeks. Members will be notified.
- We are investigating getting a computer touch screen installed to facilitate online booking and enquiries at the club and also to make showing our rowing /coaching videos easier.
Don’t forget your BRO
If you are interested in becoming a BRO, RNSW is holding a “Becoming a BRO” on 24 November at the Sydney Rowing Club shed at 6.00pm
For more information:
A club of our size should have at least 6 BROs helping out
Our directory of members’ services is building up! Write to Justin if you want your business to be included.
Dates to remember
- Orientation for new members – 21 November, 10:30 – 12:00
- RNSW Grade Regatta – 21 November, Lane Cove
- Iron Cove Classic 3 – 22 November, Iron Cove (LRC hosting – BBQ after)
- BRO information evening – 24 November, 6:00pm, SRC
- Head of the Yarra – 28 November, Yarra River (Boat loading on Wednesday 25th)
- Reindeer Regatta – 5 December, SIRC
- NSW Sprint Championships – 6 December, SIRC
- Christmas Party – 19 December, LRC