This Week @ LRC – 12 October 2018
Head of the Yarra 2018
If you have not done so yet, please email your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org for the Head of the Yarra (more information about the race here), and pay your fees ASAP using the shop. You DO NOT need a userid / password to access this page.
Seats and trailer fees are $120 per person, coxes do not pay entry fees.
Dinner at the YYRC on Saturday night is $40 per person. Please pay that through the shop too.
Remember: no payment, no entry.
St George Rowing Club update
From Steven Harrison, St George RC’s Captain
By now, all members should have received in the mail a NOTICE OF GENERAL MEETING AND SPECIAL RESOLUTIONS to be held at 7.00pm on Monday 29th October 2018 at Wolli Creek. This notice outlines the proposed changes to our constitution. These changes will :
- ensure rowing remains the priority at St.George and the club cannot be taken over by other interests
- formally recognise Como Boat Shed as the Club’s Rowing Sub Club
- ensure a minimum of 5 board directors (out of 7) are from the Club’s Rowing Sub Club
The FIRST SPECIAL RESOLUTION, if passed, locks in the above 3 points by effectively allocating greater authority to the Club’s Rowing Sub Club. This resolution must be voted on twice. The first vote involves all club members, and if passed by greater than 75%, a second vote by the ordinary members (ie. non Sub Club members) must also be passed by greater 75% at the conclusion of the Second Special Resolution.
The SECOND SPECIAL RESOLUTION, if passed, removes all existing Board titles and replaces them with a Chairperson and 6 Ordinary Directors. This change will mean the Club’s Rowing Sub Club Captain and Vice-Captain are not automatically appointed, which will align our process with the Constitution and Governing Acts.
The changes can only be passed by a members vote on the night. There is no proxy voting and we need 75% of the floor vote to approve the changes.
It is crucial we now rally all members who support rowing at St.George, encouraging their attendance on the night and to vote YES for all the changes.
With the anticipated large number of members at Wolli Creek, it is imperative we move through these resolutions as quickly as possible. If you or any of your members have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact either Glenn Chuter on 0437 963 968 or Steve Harrison on 0411 266 460.
Once again, St.George Rowing Club appreciates both your individual support and the rallying from such a strong rowing community. We feel very fortunate to be part of this special group.
Save the date
Saturday 12th January, LRC club dinner @ Sailos restaurant, Taree Aquatic Club, 6.30 for 7pm. We look forward to seeing you all there, friends and family are all welcome. More details to follow but in the meantime please put this event in your diaries.
Good luck to those participating in the Spring Regatta tomorrow. Hopefully good weather will make it a great regatta.
- 13 October, Saturday – RNSW Spring Regatta, SIRC
- 20 October, Saturday – Head of the Parramatta
- 27 October, Saturday – North Shore Head, 4.4km, Small Boats only (1x, 2x/-)
- 28 October, Sunday – Australian Indoor Rowing Championships
- 4 November, Sunday – Iron Cove Classic #2; boat christening to follow
- 5 November, Monday – Committee Meeting at 6.30pm
- 11 November, Sunday – Iron Cove Classic #3
- 17 November, Saturday – Nepean Rowing Club Regatta
- 24 November, Saturday – Head of the Yarra, 8.6km
- 1 December, Saturday – RNSW Reindeer Regatta, SIRC
- 2 December, Sunday – NSW Sprint Championships, SIRC
- 15 December, Saturday – LRC Xmas party, 6pm @ the Club
- 11-13 January – Taree Summer Regatta
- 26 January, Saturday – Small Boats Regatta, SIRC
Full regatta calendar on the RNSW Website.