This Week @ LRC – 12 July 2019
Seasonal meeting on the pontoon, deciding which side is better to party on – photo by S Duff
The corporate regatta still needs volunteers, Please email Justin (email@example.com) if you can help.
LRC Committee 2020
At the August AGM, we will be electing the Committee to take us through the 2020 season.
There are several vacancies this year partly due to members reaching the end of their 3 year tenancy and others having served in several roles over a long period of time. The majority wishes to continue in their current position for another 12-month term.
Re-standing or changing roles are:
- President – Steven Duff
- Secretary – Richard Coleman
- Assistant Secretary/Membership – Heidi Parkes
- Captain – Tim Byrne
- Female Vice Captain – Daniela Borgert
- Male Vice Captain – Isaac Eveleigh
- Treasurer – Greg Norman
- Regatta Secretary – Virginia van Ewyk
- Roles without Portfolio – Nancy Wahlquist and Matt Bourke
Individuals retiring are:
- Vice President – Dean Patterson
- Junior Vice Captain – Alex Lowe
- Treasurer – Anna Cico
- Building Manager – David Cowlishaw
- Vice President
- Building Manager
- Assistant Treasurer
- Junior Vice Captain
If you wish to stand for one of the vacancies or challenge for a role (as all roles are up for election) you must complete an LRC Nomination Form and submit to the Secretary a minimum of 10 days prior to the AGM which is on the 18th August.
The conditions of application and the roles descriptions are set out in the Constitution. Should there be more than one person standing for a particular role there will be vote carried out at the AGM (eligibility to vote is set out in the Constitution).
Each candidate will be allowed to present themselves to the members in attendance at the AGM prior to voting.
The 2019 Bay Run will be held on Sunday 4 August. The event will start and finish at Leichhardt Oval Number 3.
The schedule for the morning is as follows:
- 6:45am – Registration opens
- 7:45am – Professional pre-race warm up
- 8:00am – Start of runners and walkers
- 8:15am – Start of dog race – The Fastest Dog in the Inner West
- 8:30am – Start of the Primary OSHCare 2km Children’s Challenge
Additional event information can be found on the website.
Vale Nick Garratt
It is with great sadness that the rowing community saw the passing of Nick Garratt on Monday 8 July. Read the full announcement from RA here.
- 14 July – JB Sharp #4, Balmain
- 21 July – LUOR Annual Reunion Lunch, at the Club
- 28 July – JB Sharp #5, LRC
- 3 August – Boat maintenance day #3
- 18 August – AGM, 10am
- 7 September – Trivia Night
- 2 November – Boat maintenance day #4