This Week @ LRC – 10 August 2018
In the space of a week more towels have disappeared and none have returned. Please return, washed and dried, any club towel you may have used in the last year. Donations gratefully accepted – please leave them in the white box on the floor in the office alongside the Nutrigrain. Thank you.
From the Captain
I always say a job half done is just a job half completed.
Last weekend about 20 volunteers helped to replace some of our racks. We have another half to go. We also need some members who like to use their own grinder to help Steve Mattani remove the old Petrol Cabinet. Gene and his tools would be a perfect match. We are also lowering about 10 racks and doing lots of labeling. We have the tools, you provide the labour.
Time required – 7.30am to 9.30am both days.
Head of Nepean Scullers Regatta
If you are interested in competing in the Nepean Scullers event on the 18th August. We will have a trailer going. Members must be a Competitive Senior or Student to be eligible to enter. Email to one of the captains or firstname.lastname@example.org NOW if you want to race.
Pontoon Use & Bookings
You may have noticed that many of our members are back after a period of hibernation. If you want a boat then to be safe put in a booking each Thursday for the following week. Otherwise just take what is left. Make sure if you haven’t booked you check the boat you want isn’t taken (booked).
The Bohemia is now a BLACK boat.
The McGill in now a GREEN boat.
Our new womens 8 has arrived. It is going to be named the JUSTIN MILNE. It’s Double Black.
We have purchased 2 training sculls from Pymble. They will be named the GEOFF RICH and the MARGARET BAILEY. Both Green.
New 4 still to come.
- 4 August to 1 September – Corporate Challenge
- 26 August, Sunday – AGM, 10am at the Club
- 1 September, Saturday – Corporate regatta at SIRC
- 8 September, Saturday – Lane Cove Head, 4+ and 8+ only, 6.5km
- 15 September, Saturday – indoor rowing championships, DRC
- 16 September, Sunday – Head of the Nepean (big boats), 5km
- 22 September – Head of the Shoalhaven, 6.5km
- 7 October, Sunday – Iron Cove Classic #1
- 13 October, Saturday – RNSW Spring Regatta, SIRC
- 20 October, Saturday – Head of the Parramatta
- 4 November, Sunday – Iron Cove Classic #2