Corporate Regatta Sunday
It’s finally on. This Sunday at SIRC we will run the regatta for all the Corporate crews who have been training for the last four weeks. There has been some spectacular improvement and everyone from the club has been magnificent in helping out and jumping in boats when needed. One last push to the line now on Sunday.
We need all club members to come to SIRC. There will be no recreational rowing on Saturday after 8am or Sunday as the boats will all be at SIRC.
Please come to help with loading at 8am Saturday and again at 2.30pm Sunday to unload. On Sunday we will need to put some boats back together for Monday morning rowing and others into the rafters. This is a big weekend for the Club and it’s one where we really need to see everyone helping.
Please arrive at SIRC by 6.30am Sunday to help with boat unloading and construction. Bring your 10mm spanner and your rowing gear because you never know whether you’ll be suddenly asked to hop into a boat which is missing a rower or a cox. Come prepared to help out in a thousand different ways to ensure that the regatta goes off really well and that all of the Corporates come back next year to help us buy new boats and fix up the club.
Final program can be found here.
Annual General Meeting
We had a great AGM last Sunday. The annual report is online and can be accessed here.
The committee elected for the 2017/18 year is:
- President – Justin Milne
- Vice President – Steven Duff
- Captain – Matt Bourke
- Vice Captain Women – Anna Cicognani
- Vice Captain Men – Dean Patterson
- Vice Captan Juniors – Lauren Rizutto
- Treasurer – Simon Miller
- Assistant Treasurer – Alex Kempson
- Secretary – Geoff Rich
- Assistant Secretary – Gordon Cooper
- Regatta Secretary – Christine Seeliger
- Property Master – David Cowlishaw
- Committee Person #1 – Annalisa Armitage
- Committee Person #2 – Bob Kelsall
Feel free to approach any of them with your offers of help and ideas on how we can further improve our club.
If your friends are not receiving this newsletter it may be because they’ve changed their email address recently. There’s an easy answer. Just go to the LRC home page – LRC.com.au Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and on the right hand side you’ll see a panel which says “Subscribe to This Week @ LRC”. Just fill in your name and email address and press submit. Job done!
You can also update your email address by clicking your icon at the top right corner of the screen, going into your profile.
If you have lost your password, you can reset it from the bottom of the LRC website page, or using this link. Note that to pay membership fees, you DO NOT need any user id or password.
- 3 September – SIRC, Corporate Challenge regatta day
- 9 September – Drummoyne, NSW Indoor Rowing Championships
- 16 September, Saturday – Head of the Nepean (4.5km)
- 23 September, Saturday – Head of the Shoalhaven (6.5km) plus Sprints (350m, 1x, 2x and D4x only)
- 29 September to 2 October – NSW Rugby League Knockout
- 30 September, Saturday – NSW TT #1
- 7 October, Saturday – Head of the Lane Cove, sweep coxed boats only (6.5km)