LEICHHARDT ROWING CLUB INC
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the 2017 Annual General Meeting of the Members of LEICHHARDT ROWING CLUB “LRC” will be held LRC Club House Glover St, Leichhardt, at 10.00 am. on Sunday 27 August 2017
The Business of the Meeting will be:
- to confirm the minutes of the Annual General Meeting for the year ended 30 June 2017;
- to receive the Committee Report upon the activities of LRC for the year ended 30 June 2017 (including the Financial Statements set out in the Annual Report and the Auditor’s Report);
- to elect the Office Bearers of LRC and elected Members of the Committee for the period from the conclusion of the Annual General Meeting until the conclusion of the 2017 Annual General Meeting;
- to approve the nomination and elect Kerry Thorn as a life member of Leichhardt Rowing Club;
- to consider such other business for which notice has been given.
7 August 2017
NOTICE TO MEMBERS
2017 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING LEICHARDT ROWING CLUB
The Annual General Meeting for LRC will be held Sunday 27 August 2017 at 10am at the club premises in Glover Street Leichardt.
Members are encouraged to look at the Constitution of LRC which appears on the club webpage in order to understand how the club is operated.
Members are strongly and warmly encouraged to participate as fully as possible in the management, operation and activities of the club.
The Secretary has received valid nominations from the following people, all of whom are eligible either due to their membership status and /or their length of time already served on the Committee:
- The President – Justin Milne
- The Vice President – Steven Duff
- The Captain – Matt Bourke
- The Vice-Captain-Female – Anna Cicognani
- The Vice-Captain-Male – Dean Patterson
- The Vice-Captain-Juniors – Lauren Rizzuto
- The Secretary – Geoff Rich
- The Assistant Secretary – Gordon Cooper
- The Treasurer – Simon Miller
- The Assistant Treasurer – Alex Kempson
- The Property Master – David Cowlishaw
- The Regatta Secretary – Christine Seeliger
- 2 Elected Members (without Portfolio). Bob Kelsall & Annalisa Armitage
If you are interested in standing as a candidate for an office on the Committee, you are particularly referred to cl 13-17 of the Constitution and also invited to discuss your interest with the President, Club Captain or any other member of the current Committee.
In particular, any nomination for a candidate as an office bearer of the Committee must be:
- made in writing;
- signed by two members of the club entitled to vote
- accompanied by the written consent of the candidate (which may be endorsed on the form of nomination) and
- delivered to the secretary of the club not less than 10 days before the date fixed for the holding of the annual general meeting at which the election is to take place.
Please also note that all members entitled to vote under the Constitution and/or stand for office must be fully paid up financial members of the club.