Ways to join LRC
If you are interested in trying your hand at rowing and perhaps becoming a member of the Leichhardt Rowing Club here are the ways for you to get started. Through either of our beginner programmes:
- Learn to Row or
- Corporate Challenge
or if you already have rowing experience you can make a Membership enquiry in one of the membership categories below and we will contact you:
Leichhardt Rowing Club offers Members a variety of rowing opportunities:
- Learn to row: the Club offers learn to row programs, usually twice a year, in April/May and September/October.
- Corporate program and regatta: Leichhardt hosts an annual corporate regatta in September, preceded by eight training sessions over four weeks.
- Recreational rowing: continues all year, on Saturday and Sunday mornings at 6.30am.
- Masters rowing: Masters rowing is for rowers that have reached 27 years of age. It offers competitive racing based on the average age of crews in each race being within recognised age bands. Leichhardt has active masters rowers and enjoys success at state and national masters championships, and at international events.
- Competitive Senior rowing: the Club offers coaching in squads to members who wish to compete in the Rowing NSW regatta program. This includes masters rowing (aged 27 years and older) and juniors (usually 19 years or younger).
- Coxing: we train and love our coxswains. They participate to the rowing programs and get the same satisfaction from winning as the rowers do, but without the sweat!
- Summer rowing camp: Leichhardt Rowing Club conducts a coached rowing camp in January each year, held at Iron Cove.